Trump: 'It's my honor' to meet Kim

TheHill | 6/11/2018 | Rebecca Kheel
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/kim_trumpseated06112018getty.jpg

President Trump predicted he and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will have a “terrific relationship” as the two leaders started their historic summit in Singapore on Tuesday.

“I feel really,” Trump told reporters. “We’re going to have a great discussion and I think tremendous success. We’re going to be tremendously successful, and it’s my honor, and we will have a terrific relationship.”

Trump - Comments - Kim - Minutes - Leaders

Trump made the comments sitting next to Kim minutes after the two leaders shook hands for the first time, images that were broadcast worldwide.

Trump's one-on-one meeting with Kim kicks off the first ever summit between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader.

Greeting - Capella - Resort - Singapore - Sentosa

After the greeting at the Capella resort on Singapore’s Sentosa Island, the two leaders walked to a room at the hotel and sat with American and North Korean flags behind each of their chairs.

Trump and Kim are scheduled to talk to each other alone for about 45 minutes with only their translators in the room before their advisor join them.

Trump - Comments - Kim

After Trump's comments, Kim,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TheHill
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: