Moment a heartless jogger is caught on camera throwing homeless man's possessions into an Oakland lake as he tells people 'it's disgusting, it smells like p**s'

Mail Online | 6/11/2018 | Anneta Konstantinides For Dailymail.com
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/11/21/4D2499F500000578-0-image-a-73_1528749521137.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/11/6892980130513699122/1024x576_MP4_6892980130513699122.mp4

A Northern California community has been left outraged after a jogger was caught on camera throwing a homeless man's possessions into a nearby lake.

John 'JJ' Harris was at Lake Merritt in Oakland on Friday when he saw a shirtless man, who he dubbed 'Jogger Joe', throwing various items into the lake and a trash can.

Items - Homeless - Man - Drew - Locals

The items belonged to a homeless man named Drew, who is well-known to locals and has been living in the same spot for a long time.

And it was the residents who tried to defend Drew when the jogger stumbled upon his space and decided to throw everything away.

'It - Stuff - Person - Jogger - Time

'It's his stuff,' one person can be heard telling the jogger. 'He's been living there for a long time.'

'It's disgusting, it smells like p**s, it's nasty,' the jogger replies as he continues to throw the man's stuff around.

Jogger - Man - Stuff - Gazebo - Mess

'I'm not taking any of it, he can pick it up,' the jogger says as he continues to kick the man's stuff and spread it all over the gazebo, making a huge mess.

'Sir, I think you should stop,' one person says.

Trash - Jogger - Replies

'I'm picking up the trash,' the jogger replies.

Harris then turns his camera to the lake just feet away, where items can be seen floating in the water.

Person - Lake

'Now it's worse than it was before,' one person says. 'Just leave it! You just spread it everywhere, you put it in the lake.'

When the jogger claims the items got into the lake by 'accident', the woman responds that she saw him drag them over and toss them into the water.

Jogger - Man - Things - Arms - Trash

The jogger is then seen grabbing some of the man's things into his arms and walking away to a trash can, before returning to throw away more of the items.

'What you're doing right now doesn't make...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!