The Threat to National Security That Hardly Anyone Is Watching

The Daily Signal | 6/11/2018 | Staff
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/CashPile.jpg

Rep. Andy Biggs is the U.S. representative for Arizona's 5th congressional district. He serves on the House Judiciary Committee and the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

When I was elected in 2016, the national debt was nearing $20 trillion. The annual structural deficit—meaning how much more the federal government spends than it rakes in—approached $1 trillion.

Debt

Now, the national debt exceeds $21 trillion.

For many months, tax and regulatory reform has stimulated the economy, producing record federal revenue. Sadly, our deficits continue to rise. With help from Democrats, Republicans spent wildly in the recent omnibus bill. As it turns out, Republicans like to spend other people’s money just as much as Democrats.

Colleagues - Debt - Deficit - Spending - Constitute

I constantly remind my colleagues that our national debt and deficit spending constitute existential threat to the nation. In fact, I recently introduced a resolution with more than two dozen of my colleagues acknowledging that America’s debt jeopardizes our nation’s security.

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats echoed these sentiments: “Our continued plunge into debt is unsustainable and represents a dire future threat to our economy and to our national security.”

Former

Former...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!