Robert De Niro’s Tony Performance Cursing Trump Speaks to Hollywood’s Diminishing Moral Character

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 6/11/2018 | neo-neocon
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Robert-De-Niros-Tony-Performance-Cursing-Trump-Speaks-to-Hollywoods-Diminishing-Moral-Character-e1528750571647.png

You may have heard about actor Robert De Niro’s standing O performance at last night’s Tony awards. It was bleeped from the broadcast but is readily available:

And so, to the question in the subtitle of this post, you may answer in kind “who gives a f*** what De Niro was thinking?” Or: “nothing at all.”

Answer - Breakdown - Civility - Left - Profession

My own answer is that I care because it’s symptomatic of the breakdown of civility on the left and in the acting profession as a result of Trump Derangement Syndrome, which is completely rampant. The most interesting thing is not really De Niro so much as the overwhelmingly positive reaction of the crowd.

We already know that the vast majority of people in the arts are on the left. We know they hate Trump; that’s no surprise. But the relish with which so many of them (not all, but many) applauded De Niro’s essentially mindless, contentless display of expletive-laced hatred had no point except as mob virtue-signaling. But what is the “virtue” in yelling the f-word at someone? Wouldn’t a sentence or two as to what’s wrong with Trump, why one might oppose him or his policies, have been better?

Problem - Approach - Press - De - Niro

The problem is that an approach like that wouldn’t have gotten much press. But what De Niro did went viral.

That had to have been his goal. De Niro was a great actor in his prime, but his prime is long past. That happens to the best of us, and it’s not always easy to take. In this case he had a bully pulpit and chose to use it to get attention for an exceptionally juvenile show.

It also reminded me of this:

Early in the life of my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!