An Interview with the Catholic of the Daily Wire: Michael J. Knowles

09 26 2017

Those Catholic Men | 6/11/2018 | Staff
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thosecatholicmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/C6cB0MUVMAA1ibk.jpg

Mr. Michael J. Knowles is an author of a book without words, an accomplished actor, contributor at the Daily Wire and host of the Michael Knowles Show. Aside from his commendable taste in cigars (smoking a stogie at his recommendation as of this writing), Michael is a man of faith and in the richest sense of the phrase, he is one of those Catholic men. You can follow Michael Knowles’ podcast for free HERE.

Q: You are an actor from New York of the millennial generation and a Yale graduate who lives in California. As a midwesterner with a reflexive skepticism of the coasts, it would be reasonable to conclude from these facts about you that you are a political liberal whose religious proclivities amount to a distracted agnosticism or insistent atheism. Yet, you are a practicing Roman Catholic and a political conservative. What formed your convictions? Did they evolve? How?

Infant - Student - CCD - Class - Time

I was baptized as an infant, the most engaged student in my CCD class, and by the time I was confirmed in the Church I would have called myself an atheist. My mother predicted that atheism would be a fleeting identity and wisely advised me to be confirmed anyway, so I chose the confirmation name Thomas as a nod to my doubts. I persisted in varying degrees of atheism until college. At Yale, virtually everyone was an atheist, but I noticed the smartest people were not only theistic but Christian. Alvin Plantinga’s formulation of the modal ontological argument convinced me that God exists, and books by C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, and Fr. George W. Rutler compelled my reversion to Christianity. It was only at this point after intellectual conversion that I recognized numinous experiences, though from what I gather it is more common for the intellectual conversion to follow some sort...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Those Catholic Men
Wake Up To Breaking News!