China box office: 'How Long Will I Love U' tops poor week

Screen | 6/11/2018 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d1nslcd7m2225b.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/0/6/2/1284062_howlongwilliloveyouwellgousa_988524.jpg

The Chinese box office, which has been shrinking for the past several weeks, continued the downward spiral in the period of Jun 4-10 by about 35% week-on-week, making it the quietest week since September in 2016.

With the lack of strong contenders, local fantasy comedy How Long Will I Love U scored a hat trick for the weekly No.1 with $18.7m. Standing at $136.9m for 24 days, it has become the fifth highest grossing local film in 2018 as well as the second highest grossing local film by a woman director, surpassing 2016’s So Young by Vicki Zhao.

Disney - Avengers - Infinity - War - Place

Disney’s Avengers: Infinity War bounced back to second place with $12.4m for $390.8m after 31 days. Currently the top foreign film in 2018 and the third highest grossing foreign film ever (after Furious 8 and Furious 7), its release has been extended for another month until Jul 9.

The next three places were filled by new releases. Indian comedy drama Toilet – Ek Prem Katha fared the best among the newcomers, winning the weekend and topping the charts on both Saturday and Sunday. It ranked third overall...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Screen
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!