HERE’S HOW TO RECOGNIZE GOD’S PRESENCE TODAY

Margaret Feinberg | 6/11/2018 | Margaret
Click For Photo: https://margaretfeinberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/william-494556-unsplash-e1528684068712-742x800.jpg

Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/margaretfeinberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/SE_Book.jpg?fit=1440,1920&ssl=1

I don’t know about you, but on so many days I wish God would show his face, speak up so I could be sure, draw an arrow on the ground so I know the way.

I find myself frustrated with the lack of direction… with the lack of God’s tangible presence… with my lack of faith.

God - Face - God - Voice

I long to see God’s face and hear God’s voice.

But if you’re like me, take heart. Because even though you cannot see God’s face or hear God’s voice:

God - Work

God is still at work.

God hasn’t forgotten you.

God - Breath

God is nearer than your very breath.

God threads the themes of seeing and hearing throughout 1 Samuel 3 to teach this very same lesson.

Narrator - Reminds - Time - Visions—evil - Prophets

The narrator’s set-up reminds us that during that time, there are not many visions—evil is rampant and prophets are few. People had forgotten the presence of God. Even those tasked to do the duty of the Lord—the priest’s own sons—are corrupt. Sound familiar?

Then, we’re told Eli’s eyes are failing him. He is almost blind. The head priest who should be the one seeing visions from the Lord has lost his sight—both literally and spiritually.

God - Work

God is at work.

God hasn’t forgotten Israel.

God - Breath

God is nearer than their very breath.

The Lord literally comes and stands in front of his chosen servant, Samuel, revealing God’s self to Samuel’s sight. Soon after, the Lord appears to Samuel at Shiloh—a place which means peace and abundance—both virtues we experience in the presence of the Lord. To bookend Eli’s fading out of importance and ability to have visions, after Samuel reveals what God says, Eli offers: “Let him do what is good in his eyes” (3:18).

Eli - Sight - Prominence - Trusts - God

Eli has lost his sight and prominence and yet trusts in God’s sight—even though it means certain destruction for Eli and his family.

Not only are visions rarely seen, the word of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Margaret Feinberg
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.
Tagged: