5 Things Egalitarians Believe

Jesus Creed | 6/11/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/files/2016/11/photo-1447619297994-b829cc1ab44a_opt.jpg

and is publications coordinator at CBE International.

and Bible at Bethel University (MN).

Wife - Naomi - Son - Saint - Paul

He and his wife, Naomi, have a son and live in Saint Paul, MN.

In April of 2017, the hashtag #ThingsOnlyChristianWomenHear went viral on Twitter.

Thousands - Women - Media - Share - Things

Thousands of women took to social media to share painful things they’d been told by other Christians. One woman shared this:

“Sure, women are equal to men, but I still believe they’re different.”

Egalitarians - Before - Critics - Gender - Differences

Most, if not all, egalitarians have heard this before. Critics consistently accuse us of trying to erase gender differences. I’m almost surprised when someone doesn’t assume that because I’m egalitarian I think men and women are exactly the same.

If you’ve never read this book, it’s time.

Christian - Blogosphere - Logic - Myth - Christians

You don’t have to look farther than the Christian blogosphere for the logic behind this myth. At least among American Christians, the same argument appears over and over: Feminism pulled the thread that is unraveling the moral fabric of society. Power-hungry women wanted what men had, so they stepped into men’s spheres. The culture jumped on board, and now our society sees men as worthless, so much that men are trying to become women. Because of feminism, our God-given gender has become meaningless, expendable. Feminism is ultimately a rebellion against God’s created order, which is for our flourishing. Egalitarians are just Christians who have fallen into the feminist trap. They are complicit in erasing gender and undermining a biblical worldview.

I won’t dive into the faults in this reasoning (and there are many) here. Instead, I will try to offer a straight answer to the question, what do egalitarians think about gender differences?

Egalitarians - Lot - Differences - Points

We egalitarians are a critical and free-thinking lot, and we have our differences. I can only honestly say what this egalitarian believes, but I do think most would agree with these five points.

First, let’s define “equality.” Where better to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Jesus Creed
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.