CNN pays homage to Bourdain with show that charts his career success, drug addiction and how Obama ASKED producers if he could dine with the late chef in that famous episode

Mail Online | 6/11/2018 | Keith Griffith;Emily Crane;Mary Kekatos For Dailymail.com
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/11/04/4D14D0D000000578-0-The_late_Anthony_Bourdain_posted_this_snapshot_of_himself_sittin-a-14_1528687586173.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/08/1438394073620986748/1024x576_MP4_1438394073620986748.mp4

CNN has paid homage to its star Anthony Bourdain in a tribute show following the celebrity chef's suicide on Friday.

The tribute show aired on Sunday night after a new episode of Bourdain's show Parts Unknown, and tracked his rise through footage from past shows and interviews with CNN colleagues.

Moment - CNN - Jake - Tapper - Barack

In one surprising moment, CNN anchor Jake Tapper revealed that Barack Obama's appearance on the show was at the request of the then-President himself.

'It was the Obama White House who reached out to CNN, and I put them in touch with Bourdain,' said Tapper. 'That's who Anthony Bourdain was: Obama wanted to go have food with him not the other way around.'

Interview - Anchor - Anderson - Cooper - Verge

In another interview, anchor Anderson Cooper was on the verge of tears as he discussed how Bourdain had inspired him.

I just turned 51, and I remember thinking: "Wow if I could age like he is aging." He was 61, and he was getting tattoos, doing jujitsu and he was just, he actually...' Cooper said, trailing off to compose himself.

'I - Months - Hope - Life

'I was actually thinking about this two months ago, I was thinking about how he gave me hope for what one's life could become at 61.'

In other footage originally shot for an episode of his show that aired in 2015, Bourdain got painfully honest with a group of recovering addicts in Massachusetts.

Something - Time - Mirror - Grin - Bourdain

'I'll tell you something really shameful about myself. The first time I shot up, I looked at myself in the mirror with a big grin,' Bourdain told the group.

'You know, something was missing in me, whether it was a self- image situation, whether it was a character flaw. I came from a stable family, the suburbs, you know, I had a lot of advantages. There was some dark genie inside me that I very much hesitate to call a disease,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton