'Hero pup' pit bull tries to save baby from house fire by carrying her by the diaper | The Sacramento Bee

sacbee | 6/9/2018 | Staff
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pics.mcclatchyinteractive.com/incoming/wa5mrs/picture212887044/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/pitpuppy.jpeg

A mother in Stockton, California, says her 8-month-old pit bull is a "hero pup" for saving her and her baby's lives last week when a fire broke out in another unit of her fourplex.

Sasha the puppy and 7-month-old Masailah have a special bond, their mom, Nana Chai, told KCRA.

Bed - Day - Chai - Station - Baths

"She's in her bed every day," Chai told the station. "They take baths together and everything."

So it's no wonder that Sasha went straight for Masailah as soon as she felt heat coming through their door just before midnight on Sunday.

Pit - Bull - Owner - Something - Nana

The pit bull alerted her owner that something was wrong first by barking and yelping, before any of Nana's human senses detected that anything was wrong.

Sasha the "hero pup" sits with Masailah in one of the last photos Nana Chai, Masailah's mother took of the inseparable pair before a fire last week made their fourplex home unlivable.

Times - Nana - Shasha - Backyard - Minutes

It was one of the few times Nana had left Shasha outside in the backyard for longer than just a few minutes, she told KTXL. The dog was going berserk, yelping and pounding at the back door.

"I open it and she runs in and starts barking at me like crazy, and I was like, 'OK, this is weird. This is not like her,'" Nana told the station.

Door

As she got closer to the door, she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: sacbee
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction