Stop Everything. Some People Don’t Rinse the Soap Off Their Dishes!?

Katesurfs.com | 8/25/2015 | Staff
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.katesurfs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/washdishes.jpg

For years I ignored it. It just couldn’t be. In the staff room, after lunch, those soapy dishes left in the drying rack… I mean, surely, someone was going to come along and rinse them, right? The soapy residue taste when I ate a friend’s house… well, I must have been imagining it.

Head.in.the.sand.

Australia - Years - Everything - Anyways - Soap

When I moved to Australia seven years ago, everything was new anyways, so what was a little soap on the dishes?

When you witness something that’s borderline sketchy…. what do you do?

I dared not speak up.

What if I offended? What if I looked stupid? What if I wrongly accused people of not washing soap of the dishes, when in fact they were?!

Mouth - Years

I kept my mouth shut for years.

I had good faith that those soapy dishes, left dripping in the dish rack, were secretely rinsing themselves.

Day - Group - Friends - Nerve

Until… one day, amongst a group of good friends, I finally built up the nerve to ask.

“Nell…” I said.

Yes…

“Yes…” She replied.

“Nooowrrr…” (That’s “No” in Australian) She answered.

Hands - Temples - Brows

I put my hands to my temples and furrowed my brows.

“Are you serious!?” I blurted out!

“Well… Are you suppoooosed to rinse them?” She said.

We took a poll. Almost everyone in the room did NOT rinse the soap off their dishes when hand washing. If they did, it was selected rinsing. They might rinse a mug, but not their pots. They might dump a jug of fresh water over all the soapy dishes in the dish rack, *if* they felt like it, to get the extra soap off.

Riot - Time - Energy - Soap - Dishes

It was a riot. We were cracking up. They couldn’t believe I wasted the time and energy to rinse. I couldn’t believe they left soap on their dishes.

“So, what happens to the soap?” I asked.

“It just evaporates. You can’t taste it.” They all said.

Yeah right.

I taste it.

But, at least now, I accept it…...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Katesurfs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.