EMERSON COMBATIVES: BRUCE LEE’S 5 WAYS OF ATTACK

dailycaller.com | 6/10/2018 | Staff
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Bruce-Lee-Shutterstock-Anton_Ivanov.jpg

My how things have changed, for the better.

In addition to everything I was exposed to over the years, it was the core principles of offensive fighting that I took away from Bruce Lee’s JKD that still influences me on a daily basis. It was the “hit fast, hit hard, hit first” mentality that I found myself looking for in any martial arts system I encountered. If that wasn’t part of the core of the system, then it wasn’t a combat martial arts system, no matter what the instructor was trying to sell.

Bruce - Lee - Things - People - Mirror

Bruce Lee was many things to many people, but when he looked in the mirror, he saw Bruce Lee the fighter looking back. Bruce saw the supreme expression of his art as the point at which a practitioner would understand that the stripping away of all that was useless was the ultimate realization of the individual’s instinctive fighter. In this way, as opposed to the “cookie-cutter” product produced by so many other martial arts systems, every JKD fighter was different according to his own physical size, strengths, and weaknesses.

But like I said, one of the most important aspects to me was the first strike capabilities and philosophy espoused by Bruce Lee that I directly related to. As a witness to and participant in a good many bar fights and street fights, I knew from an early age that the guy that threw the first punch usually won the fight — as long as he kept on punching. I knew early on, before any formal fight teaching or training, that offense is not just the best defense. Offense is defense.

JKD - Curriculum - Premise - Bruce - Ways

Inside of the JKD curriculum was the premise that Bruce defined as “The 5 Ways of Attack” as a basic strategy for JKD application. There have been entire books written about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?