Anthony Bourdain's chef friend Eric Ripert knew something was wrong when the star failed to show for his usual dinner the night before his suicide

Mail Online | 6/10/2018 | Mary Kekatos For Dailymail.com
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/10/14/4D1BEB6500000578-0-image-a-16_1528636344486.jpg

Chef Eric Ripert knew something was wrong his friend, Anthony Bourdain, didn't show up for their dinner.

The 'Parts Unknown' star was staying at the Le Chambard hotel in Kaysberg, in northeastern France, where he and the CNN crew were filming an episode on Alsatian food.

Breakfast - Dinner - Hotel - Pub - Winstub

Usually, the 61-year-old would eat breakfast and dinner at the hotel's pub, the Winstub, with Ripert, the executive chef at Manhattan's Le Bernadin.

'We thought it was strange,' waiter Maxime Voinson told The New York Times on Saturday. 'Mr Ripert thought it was strange.'

Ripert - One - Bourdain - Hotel - Bathroom

Ripert was the one who would find Bourdain hanged in his hotel bathroom the following morning.

On Friday morning, Bourdain again did not show up for breakfast.

Friend - Breakfast - Waiter - Times - Waiting

'His friend was waiting at breakfast,' the waiter told the Times. 'And waiting and waiting.'

Meanwhile, the TV star's camera crew had set up to film at an outdoor market in nearby Strasbourg.

Ripert - Hotel - Receptionist - Hotel - Room

Ripert allegedly had a hotel receptionist unlock the hotel room door. Inside, he found that Bourdain had hung himself in his bathroom.

When the crew heard of the news, everyone 'just sat on the ground', master butcher Christine Speisser, who was to show Bourdain around the market, told People.

Bourdain - Mother - Gladys - Times - Saturday

Bourdain's mother, Gladys, 83, told The Times on Saturday that she was shocked by the news of her son's death.

'It's really too difficult,' she said.

'He - Guy - Person - World - Something

'He was an incredible guy. I really can't talk about him... He was brilliant and sharp and funny. He is the last person in the world I'd imagine to do something like that.'

However, according to the Times, Ripert told Gladys that her son had been 'in a dark mood these last couples...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!