Ronda Rousey Discusses Taking the Leap into Acting with ‘Mile 22’

Collider | 6/9/2018 | Tommy Cook
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/mile-22-ronda-rousey.jpg

Ronda Rousey knows what audiences expect from her. In The Expendables 3 and Furious 7, Rousey’s done what she’s known for: namely – punching and kicking people in the face, yet Mile 22 represents a departure from this ‘same old-same old.’ In fact, Rousey hardly has any hand-to-hand fight scenes in the upcoming action film. Instead, she’s given the opportunity to do something yet unproven: act. Rousey herself admits that her career up to this point (in the WWE) has been predicated on never showing any semblance of emotion. With Mile 22, she gets to correct this perception, showcasing different facets of her talents: not just tough and hard-nosed, but emotional and empathetic.

In Mile 22, Rousey co-stars as Sam Stone, the tactical expert for an elite top-secret intelligence team (led by Mark Wahlberg). When the crew is tasked with transporting a police officer (Iko Uwais) twenty-two miles out of hostile territory, all **** breaks loose as various factions attempt to stop and kill the officer.

Interview - Ronda - Rousey - Transition - Character

In the following on-set interview with Ronda Rousey, she discusses her transition to acting, how her character, Sam Stone, changed from initial drafts through production, and the potential for a Mile 22 franchise. For the full interview, read on below.

Who’s your character?

Rousey - Sam - Snow - Shooting - Badass

Rousey: I play Sam Snow. She’s the tactical shooting badass of the team. She’s a lot more skilled at tactical gun stuff and not so much hand-to-hand fighting, like I would be known for. It’s cool to not be leaning on my strengths so much.

How much backstory do you get to know about Sam in the movie?

Rousey - Movie - Everything - Story - Anything

Rousey: This movie is really interesting in that it doesn’t spell everything out for you. It’s not an origin story or anything like that. You’re thrown into the middle of it and you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: