How We Worshipped (A Sunday in May)

Tim Challies | 6/10/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Congregation2_Homepage_Image_2720x1270_06.jpg

Every few weeks I like to share an example of one of our worship services from Grace Fellowship Church. I hope that by doing this others will begin to share their services as well. I am eager to learn from other churches as they tell how they choose to worship the Lord.

This service’s cast of characters included Paul as our service leader and lead worshipper, myself as the elder who read the Scripture text and prayed, and Stefan as our Scripture reader. Our band consisted of two guitars, cajon, and piano accompanying a male and two female vocalists. The various elements of the service are in bold with the name of the person who led the element in parentheses. Items in quotes represent roughly what the person said to the congregation. Items not in quotes are explanatory. The entire service takes approximately 90 minutes.

Call - Worship - Psalm - Paul

The call to worship was taken from Psalm 105:1–5 which Paul read aloud:

Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice! Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered.

O - Worship - King

“O Worship the King”

“My One Comfort”

Today - Blessing - Aaron - People - God

“Today we will hear about the blessing Aaron was to pronounce over the people of God. We need blessing, because we have all been cursed. Listen to the Word of God.”

“This reading was from Galatians 3.”

Curse - God - Law - Christians - Lawbreakers

“The curse that came was due to breaking God’s Law. Even as Christians, we admit we are still lawbreakers, but we are lawbreakers with hope. Read aloud with me the words of hope that follow each...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis
Tagged: