If you are active on social media, are you happier now than before social media?

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 6/9/2018 | William A. Jacobson
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Testing-America-Football-Helmets-e1500241670990.png

Two recent high profile suicides have led to a lot of discussion about how suicide rates have been rising for the past 20 years.

The issue of why also has been discussed a lot, and there certainly are no simple or easy answers. Each tragedy has its own reasons and facts, though there are themes.

Mind - Rise - Media - Part - Problem

My mind first went to the rise of social media as at least a part of the problem.

If you are active on social media, are you happier now than before social media?

Experience - Twitter - Anything - World - Others

It is a rare experience on Twitter that leaves me feeling better about anything – the world, myself, or others. I’ve described Twitter as a pus pocket. I think I was too charitable. It’s easy to turn disagreement into hatred into fury — just witness how many celebrities and others have gotten themselves into trouble by Twitter outbursts.

I don’t spend as much time on Facebook, because early on I pegged Facebook as a cesspool of which I wanted little part. I do have a personal Facebook and the website has a Facebook page, but I don’t post a lot myself much less interact with “friends” particularly Trump Deranged “friends.” To the extent I ever hear people talk about their Facebook experiences, it frequently focuses on blocking, defriending or muting childhood or college liberal friends who have gone off the rails with anti-Trump fury.

Search - Confirms - Gut - Feeling - Media

A quick search confirms my gut feeling that social media likely is linked to depression . I don’t know if there is proof in the sense of a scientifica or legal causation, but there’s plenty of anecdotal evidence. Here are some links I found in just a couple of minutes:

When I think back on the almost 10 years of Legal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: