Trump: I’ll ‘feel’ if Kim Jong Un is serious at summit

New York Post | 6/9/2018 | Staff
sally140353 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/trump-says-he-will-know-if-kim-jong-un-will-take-summit-seriously.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

President Trump said he’ll know “within the first minute” if North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is taking their Tuesday summit seriously from “my touch, my feel.”

The president said Saturday he has “a clear objective” for the “mission of peace” and nuclear summit in Singapore – to convince Kim to completely abandon North Korea’s arsenal of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles.

Opinion - Something - Trump - Leaders - French

“I think I’ll know pretty quickly whether or not, in my opinion, something positive will happen,” said Trump, who’s known for getting physical with leaders like French President Emmanuel Macron.

The comments came before Trump left the G7 meeting in Canada to head to Asia.

Time - Time

“If I think it won’t happen, I’m not going to waste my time. I don’t want to waste his time,”

Trump said.

Progress - Spur - Moment - Shot - Kim

He admitted any progress “will always be spur of the moment” and that this is a “one-time shot” for Kim.

“He could take that nation with those great people and truly make it great. So it’s a one-time, it’s a one-time shot, and I think it’s going to work out very well,” Trump said. “That’s why I feel positive, because it makes so much sense.”

Tuesday - Time - US - President - Leader

Tuesday will mark the first time a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader meet, though it’s unclear what a nuclear deal with the isolated country will look like.

The U.S. and North Korea have disagreed about what “denuclearization” would actually entail. North Korea has previously used the term to demand the U.S. pull thousands of troops out of South Korea and end its so-called “nuclear umbrella” agreement to protect South Korea, which lacks nukes.

The...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: