The IM Saturday Monks Brunch: June 9, 2018 — Yikes! Edition

internetmonk.com | 6/9/2018 | Chaplain Mike
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3

Good morning, and welcome to our weekly IM Saturday Monks Brunch. All this past week, it seems like every time I looked at the news or at links on my Facebook feed, I said, “Yikes!” A whole bunch of crazy things have been happening lately. Let’s put some of them together and marvel at the wackiness of life as we enjoy our time around the table today.

We’ll start with a few photos that made me say, “Yikes!” in puzzlement, amazement, and laughter.

Yikes - Nurses - Don

Yikes! We’d better have the nurses check on The Don again.

Yikes! What’d they do in that tunnel of love?

Yikes - Toymakers

Yikes! Toymakers finally know me and what I need.

Yikes! Would you dare fly this airline?

Yikes - Stories - Week

Here are ten of the top Yikes! stories of the week. How would you rank them?

Yikes 1! — DEADLY BAPTISM!

THE - BBC - Docho - Eshete - Ceremony

FROM THE BBC: Docho Eshete was conducting the ceremony for about 80 people on Sunday morning at Lake Abaya in Arba Minch town’s Merkeb Tabya district.

Residents and police told BBC Amharic a crocodile leapt from the water during the baptism and attacked him.

Pastor - Docho - Legs - Hands

Pastor Docho died after being bitten on his legs, back and hands.

“He baptised the first person and he passed on to another one. All of a sudden, a crocodile jumped out of the lake and grabbed the pastor,” local resident Ketema Kairo told the BBC.

Efforts - Fishermen - Residents - Pastor - Docho

Despite huge efforts, fishermen and residents could not save pastor Docho, policeman Eiwnetu Kanko said.

They used fishing nets to prevent the crocodile from taking the pastor’s body into the lake.

Crocodile

The crocodile escaped.

Yikes 2! — ATTACK OF THE SEVERED SNAKE HEAD!

FOX - NEWS - Texas - Man - Head

FROM FOX NEWS: A Texas man is recovering after he claims the head of a rattlesnake bit him — moments after he had just cut it off.

Jennifer Sutcliffe’s husband was reportedly bitten by the beheaded snake on May 27 at his home near...
(Excerpt) Read more at: internetmonk.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?