Afflicted for His Glory

Desiring God | 5/28/2018 | John Piper
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/god-s-way-through-weakness-lbhjjxnv-en/landscape/god-s-way-through-weakness-lbhjjxnv-99f47273c729ae55c91043ece25756c8.jpg?ts=1528225912&ixlib=rails-2.1.4&w=800&h=450&auto=format,compress&fit=min

When God makes your body and your soul a theater of revelation and pain, for the sake of your humility, Satan’s shaming, and Christ’s shining, how will you respond?

Will you respond like the world: murmuring, complaining, questioning, accusing? Or will you be like Paul? “I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities” (2 Corinthians 12:9–10).

Years - God - Thorn - Crown - Thorns

And if, in a few years, you conclude that God has not given you one thorn, but a crown of thorns, will you not pray, “Father, if I might get a glimpse of heaven, if I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.
Tagged: