MEN WHO PUBLICLY BANG DRUMS AT 2 AM TO WAKE MUSLIM FAITHFUL FOR PRE-DAWN RAMADAN MEAL FACE ARREST IN ISRAEL

dailycaller.com | 6/6/2018 | Staff
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Jerusalem_Musaharati-e1528297666174.jpg

Traditional Ramadan wakers who rouse Muslim faithful from sleep at 2 a.m. with public drums and music now face arrest and police fines in Jerusalem.

“They claim that we disturb them, but that’s not true. They want to erase something called Palestinian Jerusalemite heritage,” said Mohamed Hagej, according to AP. Hagej has worked as a Musaharati for three years.

Fellow - Musaharati - Mohammed - Hajiji - Hagej

Fellow Musaharati Mohammed Hajiji echoed Hagej’s sentiment and alleged that the upsurge in fines and police intervention was the fault of three Jewish families living in the Muslim Quarter.

“There are three Jewish families in our neighborhood, one new one and two older ones. The policeman told me they had complained and asked me not to make noise near their houses. The whole thing lasts for 20 minutes, maybe a few seconds outside their house. I was told I’d be fined 450 shekels ($126) the first time and 1,000 shekels on the second occasion, with a further 1,000 after that,” Hajiji told Haaretz.

Hajiji - Police - Police - Station - Ramadan

Hajiji said that police detained him and took him to the police station, but he remains resolved to carry out the Ramadan tradition.

“There are a thousand people in the neighborhood who want this and ten who complain,” he told Haaretz. “Because of them,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!