Lava claims hundreds of homes, including Big Island mayor's - Hawaii News Now - KGMB and KHNL

www.hawaiinewsnow.com | 6/4/2018 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://KHNL.images.worldnow.com/images/16909585_G.jpg?lastEditedDate=20180604214519

Lava from a very active fissure in lower Puna cut its way through Kapoho, destroying hundreds more homes and covering large areas of land while continuing to pour into the ocean.

Coverage of the Kilauea eruption threatening Puna subdivisions.

Hawaii - County - Officials - Tuesday - Home

Hawaii County officials confirmed on Tuesday that a home owned by Mayor Harry Kim was among those claimed by the lava flow, which has already inundated most of Kapoho Beach Lots and Vacationland.

"There's a lot of destruction," said Talmadge Magno, Hawaii County Civil Defense administrator. "It's like a flood — it's just pouring out, covering everything in its path. It looks like there's no stopping it."

Kirk - Rahmer - People - Homes - Weekend

Kirk Rahmer became one of several people who lost their homes over the weekend, when he saw that his home of 18 years had been claimed by lava.

“I left a lot of things behind because I didn’t want to feel as if I was abandoning my home," Rahmer said. "So I’m real sad. I’ve always considered myself a tenant of Pele, so this may be my eviction notice.”

Officials - Lava - Ocean - Kapoho - Bay

Meanwhile, officials confirmed that lava started cascading into the ocean at Kapoho Bay late Sunday. By Tuesday morning, the lava entering the ocean had built a lava delta (new land created at ocean entry) that extended nearly 3,700 feet into the bay.

Geologists say lava has now completely filled Kapoho Bay.

Images - Flow - Sea - Plumes - Laze

Aerial images of the half-mile wide flow hitting the sea also showed large plumes of "laze," a toxic steam mixed with glass fragments.

Kathy Emery, who evacuated from her 5-acre farm in Kapoho, said she doesn't know if she has a home to go back to.

Anything - House

"Right now, we don't have anything. And I don't know what to do," she said. "I wish I could just find out if I have a house."

The ongoing flow is being fed by huge fountains...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.hawaiinewsnow.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...