Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’s Kidnapper Calls Trump 'My Personal Hero'

NewsBusters | 6/4/2018 | Staff
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/unbreakable_0.jpg

Has liberal Hollywood just completely run out of original material? Season four of Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, a ditzy, nonsensical comedy series, makes me think so. The first six episodes released on May 30 are randomly sprinkled with snide comments against President Trump and conservatives in general, and even beats the dead horse of white privilege.

The series focuses on Kimmy Schmidt’s adjustment to the modern world after she was kidnapped as a child and held captive for 15 years in an underground bunker along with three other girls, called the Mole Women. Kimmy still maintains her child-like innocence and enthusiasm as she begins a new life in New York City.

Episode - Kimmy - Girl - Big - City

Episode one, “Kimmy is…Little Girl, Big City!” shows Kimmy (Ellie Kemper) with a new job as a Human Resources manager for a tech company. The show immediately goes into #MeToo territory, but with a twist, when she botches terminating a male employee. Though she was trying to gently fire the guy – “in a fun Kimmy way,” it came out like she was sexually harassing him. Kimmy is hopelessly naïve and what seems like normal, friendly conversation to her is not seen that way in today’s politically correct world. After she is threatened with a lawsuit, Kimmy laments to her friend, “It’s not like I’m a Weinstein or a Spacey or a - the president.”

Also, in that episode, as Kimmy’s friend Lillian (Carol Kane) sells fake cocaine to a clubgoer, the guy responds to Lillian’s request that he go inside to do the drugs by saying of course he will with “Is the Pope a homo?” Ugh. Nothing is funnier than a cheap shot at the head of the Catholic Church, right?

White - Privilege - Worth - Episode - Kimmy

White privilege is played for all it’s worth in episode two, titled “Kimmy Has a Weekend!” While they are in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!