Donald Trump Versus American Exceptionalism

Washington Free Beacon | 6/7/2016 | Sonny Bunch
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Trump-fingers-150x150.jpg

Sometimes I get the sense that Donald Trump is not a real person but an algorithm designed to make every Republican who supports him look like a giant hypocrite.

For instance, I’m old enough to remember when the right was annoyed with President Obama for not believing strongly enough in the idea of American exceptionalism. Sure, Obummer would mouth the phrase, but he didn’t mean it, you know, not like a real American president would mean it.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump simply rejects the concept out of hand:

I don’t like the term. I’ll be honest with you. People say, “Oh he’s not patriotic.” Look, if I’m a Russian, or I’m a German, or I’m a person we do business with, why, you know, I don’t think it’s a very nice term. We’re exceptional; you’re not. First of all, Germany is eating our lunch. So they say, “Why are you exceptional. We’re doing a lot better than you.” I never liked the term.

Yes, what does America have that, say, Russia or Germany does not? Note also the worry about offending business partners; not so opposed to political correctness then, was he?

I don’t want to say, “We’re exceptional. we’re more exceptional.” Because essentially we’re saying...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8