How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World – Guest Column

Deadline | 5/26/2018 | Jennifer Fox
Click For Photo: http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/275a8d492af794b73ded19feb020a4602aa9e60386237e4c195e5b0e2adcb0cdafae32326c0286ed9b3c437f9cda97a5.jpeg?w=605

RelatedLaura Dern On The Restorative Justice Of Jennifer Fox's 'The Tale' In The Time's Up Era — Awardsline...

I remember being nine years old and deciding that I wanted to make films. It was in the days when people got dressed up to go to the cinema. We were taking my mother’s sister, Aunt Shirley, out to see the new big hit, Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand, for her birthday and I had on a little blue dress, my black patent leather mary janes, and white gloves with pearl buttons. My family sat in a long row in the movie theater as the lights went down and we watched this epic story of a woman’s struggle to rise beyond her birth lot. I remember going on this rollercoaster ride of emotion. I laughed, I got anxious, I was angry—and I cried. I felt like I was inside **** Brice and her inner world.

Somehow - Time - Film

And somehow by the time I was 21, I was shooting my first film.

People often ask me if I ever considered telling the story of The Tale as a documentary since that was what I was known for, but the truth is I never did. There was no evidence of what happened to me, except in my mind. And I wanted to investigate that memory through fiction by recreating what happened and the journey to unravel it. But there is something else too. I wanted to allow people to understand this story by entering inside the minds and thoughts of a 13-year-old girl and her adult female self. And this insider’s journey is best achieved in fiction.

Moves - People - Storytelling - Nothing - People

Nothing moves people like great narrative storytelling; nothing disarms people to go beyond their prejudices like great acting can; nothing has the ability to take people on a journey into a world that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI