Why Do I Do That? Can You Help Me?

Rick Thomas | 5/26/2018 | Rick Thomas
Caris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/RMlogoWhydoIdothatCanyouhelpme.jpg

Have you ever wondered why you do the things you do? Have you ever wanted to change the way you are? I think most of us are this way. We know things about ourselves that we do not prefer and would like to change. That is normal. It is human.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Why Do I Do that?

None - Version - Ourselves - Dissatisfaction - Self

None of us are perfect, and most of us have a better version of ourselves that we would like to become. Dissatisfaction with self is why one of the most common discipleship questions is, “How can I change?”

Sometimes the discipler will provide simple answers, such as trust God, let go and let God, or you need to repent. In most cases, these cliché-type answers are not helpful. In some situations, they do more harm than good. No Christian should make change the only possibility for a person who desires a more preferred iteration of themselves. That kind of hope is not in the Christian’s toolbox or within the Christian’s ability to accomplish.

Grace - Power - Perfect - Weakness - Therefore

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9).

What the Christian should suggest is that regardless of what you may be going through, there is grace for your situation. This kind of advice fits well within the Christian’s offerings for the sad soul.

I am curious.

Do you have a personal problem you would like to see changed?

Option - Change - Solution

If you chose counseling as an option, would a change be the only acceptable solution?

How loosely do you hold the possibility of never...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!