Let's talk about that fantastic Solo: A Star Wars Story cameo

CNET | 5/25/2018 | Eric Franklin
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/U2teGggAjDdPRmagu25ekqDSiXs=/670x503/2018/05/07/9fccaeb0-4b0e-410b-8cdf-59c5c381078a/solo-star-wars-13.jpg

Read further and I can't guarantee you won't be hobbled by a fantastically good spoiler, preventing you from making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

At the end of Solo: A Star Wars story, it's revealed Emilia Clarke's Q'ira has been in contact with fan favorite Star Wars villain, Darth Maul, played once again by Ray Park. If you've only followed the Star Wars movies, your last memory of Darth Maul was seeing him fall to his apparent death after being sliced in two by Obi-Wan Kenobi at the end of Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

2:26

So what's going on here?

Gap - Q'ira - Beginning - Solo - Han

There's at least a three-year gap between when we first see Q'ira at the beginning of Solo and when we and Han catch up with her later in the film. At the start of the film, both Q'ira and Han are presented as young, bright eyed and hopeful, despite their not-too-favorable situation as slaves to local gangsters. After she and Han reconnect on the yacht of Dryden Vos, the gangster played by Paul Bettany, it's hinted that in the time since he'd last saw her, she's changed. In what way? Well, we're told that she she's done things Han wouldn't understand.

Thank you, Q'ira. Your little secret kinda made the movie for me.

Lucasfilm - Ltd

Lucasfilm Ltd.

At one point in the middle of the film, we get a glimpse of just how much more capable she's become. We see her take down a guard using some form of hand-to-hand combat, but the scene is intentionally obstructed by a door, so we don't really see how she does it. She mentions she's learned a bit of Teras Kasi from Vos. Teras Kasi is a form of hand-to-hand combat that exists in the Star Wars universe. If it sounds familiar, but you can't place...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!