7 Actions for When You Can’t Respect the Leader

ChurchLeaders | 5/24/2018 | Staff
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/5.25.CC.HOME_.RespectingLeader.jpg

It’s not uncommon I receive a message from a staff member of another church struggling with the current leadership. (And, I’m not naive enough to believe other senior leaders have not received similar emails from our staff at times.) The question is usually how they can continue to be where they don’t support the vision and direction of the pastor. They want my advice on how to respond during this season of ministry.

This situation is obviously not unique to churches, but also happens frequently in other organizations. I don’t believe all hope is lost during times like this. An individual can continue to grow even with a leader he or she cannot respect—sometimes even more.

Actions - Leader

Here are seven actions I suggest when you don’t respect the leader:

Talk to God

Answer - Pastor - Thing

That’s seems to be an obvious answer from a pastor, but sometimes it’s the thing we do the least. We complain faster it seems. Or, perhaps that’s just what I do.

Ask God to reveal to you His purposes for your life during this season. It could be He’s preparing you for something, stirring the nest so-to-speak, or you are in a time of testing. Don’t assume God is absent during this time. I assure you He’s not asleep at the wheel and has a plan. The closer you are to Him during this time the sooner you’ll understand His plan and the next steps will be revealed.

Reproach - Work - Aim - Successor - Area

While you are there, be above reproach in your work ethic. Make it your aim to prepare for your successor and to leave your area of responsibility better than you found it when you arrived. This keeps you as a person of integrity.

I know. That’s the tough one. It is actually why I am writing this post, but as long as you’re there you must respect...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: