MS-13 gang member known as 'Animal' is sentenced to 40 years in prison over brutal killing of a 15-year-old boy

Mail Online | 9/20/2015 | Associated Press;Snejana Farberov For Dailymail.com
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/22/22/4C898E4500000578-0-image-a-2_1527023464795.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/17/8704874559855113255/1024x576_MP4_8704874559855113255.mp4

A member of MS-13 nicknamed 'Animal' who earned full membership into the ultra-violent gang by killing a 15-year-old boy has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.

Federal prosecutors in Massachusetts announced that 23-year-old Joel Martinez, a native of El Salvador who lived in Boston, learned his fate on Tuesday.

Martinez - Deportation - Sentence - Prison - Years

Martinez will be subject to deportation after serving out his sentence in federal prison, followed by two years of probation.

He pleaded guilty in December 2017 to a racketeering conspiracy, which included the September 20, 2015, slaying of 15-year-old Irvin Javier de Paz Castro on Trenton Street in East Boston.

Prosecutors - Martinez - MS-13 - Stabbing - Conversation

Prosecutors say Martinez acknowledged being associated with MS-13 and bragged about the stabbing in a secretly recorded conversation, saying: 'He stared at me and he asked me if I was going to, if I was going to stab him. I told him, "Yes, the Mara rules you."'

'Mara' is shorthand for Mara Salvatrucha, which is the full name of the ruthless gang.

Martinez - Castro - Times - 'homeboy - Member

After Martinez knifed Castro three times, killing him, he was 'jumped in' and made a 'homeboy,' or full member of MS-13’s Eastside Loco Salvatrucha clique during an initiation ceremony that was secretly recorded by undercover agents.

When a prospective member is 'jumped in,' members of the MS-13 clique beat the new member with their hands and feet while one of the leaders of the clique counts aloud slowly to thirteen.

Martinez - Defense - Lawyer - Sentence - Client

Martinez's defense lawyer argued for a more lenient sentence, saying that his client was forced to join MS-13...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!