Surviving: VBStress

ChurchLeaders | 5/20/2018 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/5.15.CC.CHILDREN.SurvivingVBS.jpg

If you are in kids ministry you are most likely right in the middle of a super busy summer preparing for a major event or two. Whatever you call it: VBS, Kids Camp, Kids Week, Summer Slam, etc., you are probably feeling a bit overwhelmed, inadequate and stressed about how it is all going to come together. I am right there with you! This year is my first time putting together a VBS, and it is a LOT of work. I have put together camps, major Halloween/Easter events and lock-ins, but VBS is the monster of all kids ministry events. I haven’t even had the time to blog these last few weeks since all my spare time is consumed with VBS planning. There are so many details that go into planning a VBS that it is easy to get stressed out for weeks or months about just one event.

I have put together five steps to help us all survive VBStress, and make it to the fall in one piece.

Meetings - Purchases - Activities - Schedules - Details

There are so many meetings, purchases, activities, schedules and details that go into making a VBS great. If you’re not careful, your brain and storage areas will begin to look like a bomb went off. Lists and labels are your friends. Make lists of everything. Simply getting it all on a list and out of your brain will make you feel a lot less stressed. I like to use the app Wunderlist to keep my lists digitally, but a simple note pad on my desk works too. Most likely, your purchases are starting to pile up, and you will want to get all of your supplies organized as well, so my advice is to go through everything. Last week, we went through everything, organized it into clear tubs and labeled them....
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?
Tagged: