Chilean abuse victim: Pope told me to be happy being gay, God made me this way

Catholic News Agency | 5/20/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Pope_Francis_at_the_general_audience_in_St_Peters_Square_on_January_31_2018_Credit_Daniel_Ibanez_1_CNA.jpeg

Vatican City, May 20, 2018 / 09:55 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A victim of the Chilean clergy abuse crisis who met privately with Pope Francis told a Spanish news source that the Pope told him to be happy being gay, because God made him that way.

Juan Carlos Cruz, a victim of Chilean abuser Fr. Fernando Karadima, met with Pope Francis privately in April after being invited to the Vatican along with other victims of abuse.

Comments - Press - May - Cruz - Pope

In comments to the press on May 2, Cruz said that the Pope was “sincere, attentive and deeply apologetic for the situation.”

“For me, the pope was contrite, he was truly sorry,” Cruz said. “I felt also that he was hurting, which for me was very solemn, because it's not often that the pope says sorry to you...he said, 'I was part of the problem, I caused this and I apologize.'”

Interview - Newspaper - El - País - Cruz

In a later interview with Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz was asked whether he and Pope Francis had spoken about homosexuality during their meeting, as Cruz identifies as gay.

Cruz confirmed that they did speak about homosexuality, and that he explained to the Pope that he is not a bad person and tries not to hurt...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country