Ryan Reynolds reveals childhood pain with a 'tough' dad who was 'a full-time landmine' that kept him from being able to 'relax'

Mail Online | 5/17/2018 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/17/17/4C5D446B00000578-0-image-a-36_1526575392391.jpg

Ryan Reynolds says his dad was like a 'full-time landmine.'

The 41-year-old actor's father Jim passed away in 2015, after a 20-year battle with Parkinson's disease, and Ryan has now talked about their difficult relationship, which gave the Hollywood star anxiety and left him using humor as a defense mechanism.

Canadian - Star - Brothers - 'My - Dad

The Canadian star - who is the youngest of four brothers - said: 'My dad was a tough guy. He was good in many ways as well, but he was tough on us.'

Ryan then added he wasn't looking for sympathy, he was merely relaying the facts.

Story - Everyone - Bag - Rocks - Regard

'This is not meant to be some sob story - everyone carries their own bag of rocks around and I am no different in that regard,' he explained.

'But growing up in my house, it was never relaxing or easy and I know that, throughout my life, I've dealt with anxiety in different ways,' added the Green Lantern star.

Deadpool - Actor - Daughters - James

The Deadpool 2 actor - who has daughters James,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.