Whitney Houston Was Sexually Abused by Her Cousin Singer Dee Dee Warwick, New Documentary Claims

PEOPLE.com | 5/16/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/whitney-houston-dee-dee-warwick.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1200px,630px&resize=1200,630

A new documentary about Whitney Houston, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival Wednesday, has made stunning allegations about the icon’s early childhood.

In Whitney, it is claimed the late star was abused sexually abused by Dee Dee Warwick, Houston’s cousin and the sister of songstress Dionne Warwick.

Dee - Dee - Years - Houston - Bathtub

Dee Dee passed away in 2008, four years before Houston died after drowning in a bathtub, which was caused in part by heart disease and cocaine use.

Kevin Macdonald, the director for Whitney, told Indiewire that it was the “I Have Nothing” singer’s brother, Gary Garland, who told Macdonald he had been sexually abused as a child by Dee Dee and believed Houston had also been molested.

PEOPLE - Sign - Newsletter - Stories - Day

Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.

Garland agreed to appear on camera with his story. “He’s saying I was abused by this person and told me, ‘I think she abused Whitney,'” Macdonald said. “Pat Houston [Gary’s wife], who’s here, told me that, yeah, Whitney had told her this but not given any details.”

Director - Months - Garland - Houston - Aunt

The director said two months went by after he had spoken to Garland before Houston’s aunt, Mary Jones, spoke to him to confirm the singer had been abused.

The...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......