Beauty blogger accused of cultural appropriation over hairstyle

Mail Online | 5/17/2018 | Olivia Elgart For Dailymail.com
bungienet (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/17/01/4C56A1BC00000578-0-image-a-8_1526516437769.jpg

this is what luv looks like ♥~(◠﹏◕✿)

A post shared by Mother of Draguns 🐉 (@nikita_dragun) on

taste this rainbow 🌈

A post shared by Mother of Draguns 🐉 (@nikita_dragun) on

A beauty blogger has been blasted online for posting a photo of herself wearing a wig with pink dreadlocks.

Nikita Dragun, who describes herself as 'half Mexican and half South East Asian' has been accused of cultural appropriation by followers, after she shared the image of herself in the pink dreadlock wig while on vacation in Harajuku, Japan.

Photo - Transgender - Instagram - Star - Hair

In the photo, the 22-year-old transgender Instagram star is posing with her hair down in long twists, wearing a plastic visor around her head while eating cotton candy. However despite the seemingly innocent context of the snap, it has been blasted as 'rude' and 'disappointing' by some.

Since posting her photo just a day ago it's already accumulated almost 300,000 likes and 2,000 comments - many of which are seriously negative and call out the vlogger for appropriating black culture by wearing dreadlocks.

Culture - Fan - Blogger - Someone - Appropriation

'Girl ily but why you gotta appropriate culture?' one fan of the blogger commented while someone else wrote, 'Cultural appropriation is such a look nowadays don't you think?'

One person questioned in the comments, 'Why you gotta wear dreads tho?' while another went so far to say: 'This would be cute but you can't wear dreads unless you're black so please step off the cultural appropriation queen.'

Fans - Photo - Wtf - Dreads - DREADS

Two other very annoyed fans wrote on her photo, 'Seriously. Like wtf with the dreads,' and 'THE DREADS ARE A NO FROM ME SIS. Disappointing,' said another upset user.

'Your hair looks disgusting,' a very mean comment read while someone else who got offended by her look wrote: 'Not sure what's so cute about appropriation but okay.'

Nikita - Wig - Hairstylist - Daved - Anthony

Nikita is wearing a wig by hairstylist, Daved Anthony Munoz, who also posted the photo of her with the caption: 'Bed head, dred head, it's twists. But seriously I simply love how Nikita allows me to play with her looks in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Freedom is Never Free!