Michael Moore on Reviving ‘TV Nation,’ Which Premieres This October in Time for the Midterm Elections

IndieWire | 5/16/2018 | Staff
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/shutterstock_9674025ci.jpg?w=780

Michael Moore’s long-awaited new series for Turner is finally materializing but with a new name and network. Originally titled “Michael Moore Live from the Apocalypse” and developed for TNT, the show will now go by a familiar name — “Michael Moore TV Nation” — and air instead on TBS.

“TV Nation,” of course, was the name of the Emmy-winning satirical news magazine that Moore created at NBC in 1994.

Apocalypse - Moore - IndieWire - Wednesday - Air

Although originally titled “Live from the Apocalypse,” Moore told IndieWire on Wednesday, “Then we decided, we’re going to be on the air for five to 10 years. We’re going to outlive the apocalypse, right? Think of this as the first post-Trump show while Trump is still in office.”

The show was originally set to launch last fall, then early this year, but Moore said “TV Nation” will now premiere in October on the eve of the midterm elections.

Development - Show - Trump - Presidency - Americans

Development on the show has evolved as the Trump presidency has evolved and impacted Americans, Moore said. “It’s the same show we’ve been planning to do, but, yes, [it has changed] because we’ve all just lived through a year and a half of this insanity. So we’re all changed. You’re not the same person you were a year and a half ago. Because of that. How would we have ever thought that we would say we’re different people because of what some politician did or was?

“Am I the same person I was a year or two ago? No, I’m not,” he said. Many Americans, he added, now feel “anxiety, despair and [are] wishing Melania can come up with an idea. If you get my drift.”

TV - Nation - Group - Correspondents - Moore

The new “TV Nation” will feature a group of correspondents working with Moore on interviews and pre-tape packages. “I’m always looking for people that are not known but I think are funny or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!