World-renowned disabled Ice Swimmer is devastated after returning from a dip in a river to find thieves had stolen her prosthetic leg called 'Pogo'

Mail Online | 5/16/2018 | Zoie O\
eymira (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/15/17/4C456BBD00000578-0-image-a-2_1526401581429.jpg

A distraught swimmer has pleaded for the public's help after her prosthetic leg was stolen from a riverbank.

Kate Sunley was swimming with friends in the River Tees at Preston Park, Eaglescliffe, on the evening of Monday, May 14, when theieves targeted her.

Athlete - Bank - Items - Belongings - Leg

The disabled athlete arrived back to the bank to find several items were missing from her belongings - including her prosthetic leg.

Kate, 51, of Stockton, posted on Facebook: 'Missing, presumed lost - a pegleg called Pogo! Presumed to be floating down the Tees from Preston Park.

'WHY - WOULD - ANYONE - DO - THIS

'WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?

'I don't think I know enough expletives to express my feelings right now but someone obviously thought it would be fun to steal my leg whilst I was swimming!'

Miss - Sunley - World - Female - 'ice

Miss Sunley was the world's first female disabled 'ice miler' – meaning she swam one mile in water temperature of 5 degrees Celsius or less wearing just a standard costume, goggles and one swim hat.

In response, several people have posted their disgust if, as feared, the leg was deliberately taken.

Ms - Sunley - Leg - Knee - Problems

Ms Sunley, who lost her leg in 1993 following knee problems, told the Northern Echo: 'This has come as a huge shock...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity