Professor says grandparents died the semester she taught an 8am class

Mail Online | 5/11/2018 | Olivia Elgart For Dailymail.com
iceyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/11/16/4C19F0BD00000578-0-image-a-37_1526051717265.jpg

A professor at a Chicago university recalls that when she taught an 8am class so many grandparents died but as soon as she changed her class to 3pm there were suddenly no more deaths.

Dr. Viorica Marian joked that the reason there were so many grandparent deaths was because none of the students wanted to wake up that early for class so they would email her using that fake excuse to get out of it.

Professor - Bilingualism - Psycholinguistics - Northwestern - University

However, when the professor of bilingualism and psycholinguistics at Northwestern University changed the class to a later time the following semester there were no more deaths because students had no excuse not to show up because it was in the middle of the day.

The professor posted the hilarious tweet which read: 'I once taught an 8am college class. So many grandparents died that semester. I then moved my class to 3pm. No more deaths. And that, my friends, is how I save lives.'

Tweet - May - Likes - Retweets - Comments

She shared the tweet on May 5 and it has already amassed almost 800,000 likes, 200,000 retweets and 2,000 comments most of which are from other teachers who shared similarly hysterical experiences.

'Making America Great Agrandparentatatime! #savegrandma #savethegrandparents,' Dr. Marian replied to her own tweet while someone else replied to her writing: 'An American hero!'

Teacher - Story - Joking - Student - Kill

One teacher responded with her own story joking, 'Had a student kill over seven grandparents over the years. We kept count. Time of class did not matter. Got awkward at graduation when we met the family, with all four grands.'

'I always tell my students that if they plan to kill a relative during the semester to pick one who is already dead so not to jinx a living one,' one professor commented.

Tweet - Teacher - Thing - Time - 'Just

Another funny tweet came from a teacher experiencing the same thing but at a different time: 'Just don't teach at...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!