CHURCH MERGERS, ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES, AND OTHER LISTENER QUESTIONS – RAINER ON LEADERSHIP #431

ThomRainer.com | 5/11/2018 | Staff
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thomrainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/rainer-big-banner-new.jpg

We have the best listeners. Whenever we travel, we are privileged to meet so many of you. Today, we answer listener questions on the podcast.

Some highlights from today’s episode include:

Past - Church - Mergers - Favor - Today

In the past, church mergers were a no-go. But they have become more in favor today because church facilities are at a premium in many areas.

Don’t let the secular business world guide the sacred church world.

Bar - Employee - Expectations - Church - Staff

More often than not, we lower the bar of employee expectations for church staff.

Churches need to look closer at employment practices and actual staff needs.

Ministry - Alignment - Churches

Ministry alignment is critical in churches.

Today’s Listener Questions:

Justin

From Justin:

I pastor a church of about 60 folks. We are a slow growing church but I feel like we aren’t unhealthy. There is a church that has about 20 in attendance that has used multiples rental sites in the last 7-8 years. I’m thinking about approaching that pastor and asking if he would entertain the idea of our churches merging. Our style of worship and doctrine seem to be pretty close in line. Is there any advice you can give me? Is this an awful idea? My goal is that the two churches would grow faster if we combine our efforts.

Barb

From Barb:

My pastor feels it’s not Biblical to employ basic business principles in church planning or administration. At some point though, isn’t sound business practice a part of basic stewardship. We don’t become more Spirit-led by making poor choices in how we spend funds or how we do basic planning functions. It doesn’t feel honoring to God to make such poor business choices that the church goes broke.

Kat

From Kat:

When are employee performance reviews/appraisals appropriate for the church? Should “new hires”, regardless of their position, be placed on “probation” and if they don’t make it past probation, should they be terminated? Should “old” employees and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ThomRainer.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.