‘Barry’: Bill Hader Says Season 2 Will Be ‘Somehow Darker’

IndieWire | 5/10/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/3819764744f630decbc8fef5ea527a5821e522d827f79c5289ade3be92ab54fa.jpg

On HBO’s “Barry,” death follows the titular hitman-turned-actor wherever he goes, even when he’s trying very hard not to kill anyone. No really, he’s turning over a new leaf, starting right… now.

At an FYC event for the show on Tuesday, the cast and crew gathered to watch a screening of the finale and then participate in a Q&A panel about the HBO comedy. Comedian John Mulaney, who moderated the panel, had the following non-spoilers reaction to the finale: “Boy, oh, boy! ****!”

Tone - Conversation - Friendship - Saturday - Night

That set the tone of the no-holds-barred but hilarious conversation, made even more unruly by the friendship between “Saturday Night Live” alums Mulaney (who had written for “SNL” and recently hosted) and “Barry” star and co-creator Bill Hader. Much of the evening revolved around the two of them setting up comedic bits, performing various impressions or goofy voices, and miming actions that just cannot be conveyed beyond “you had to be there.”

While it’s safe to say that finale follows the humorous and dark path that had been laid out in the season so far, what comes next season may push the envelope even more. During the audience portion of the Q&A, IndieWire asked what’s being planned for Season 2.

Season - Bit - Darker - Hader - Season

“What can we say about Season 2? It somehow is a bit darker,” Hader said, “We’re writing Season 2 right now.”

Co-creator Alec Berg added, “Every episode, it’s what cards have we dealt ourselves the week before. What would logically happen?”

Hader - Hand - Storylines - Season - Shortage

While Hader wouldn’t tip his hand as far as specific storylines for Season 2, he has no shortage of ideas. “My head’s going to explode,” he said. “I was just in traffic for an hour and a half. I saw Alec and just pulled him aside, and was like, ‘Here’s what it can be.’”

When Mulaney jokingly asked if a Christmas or Halloween...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!