MRC's Brent Bozell: Unhinged Media 'Invested in Seeing' Trump 'Fail'

NewsBusters | 5/9/2018 | Staff
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/varney_company_-_10_35_10_am.jpg

Media Research Center President Brent Bozell on Wednesday appeared on Fox Business to decry the unrelentingly negative coverage Donald Trump has endured in the first four months of 2018. According to a new MRC study, 90 percent of the President’s network press has been hostile. (The same result was found through all of 2017.) Bozell hammered: “They simply are not going to say anything positive about him.... They have no vested interest in objectivity.”

Regarding CNN attacking Melania Trump as not “culturally American,” the MRC President hit back: “It is vindictive and it’s ugly.” He wondered: “These are the same people who also lecture on a daily basis about how conservatives are responsible for hatred?”

Transcript - Click - Expand

A transcript is below. Click “expand” to read more.

CHARLES PAYNE: Now, this: President Trump tweeting about the negative media coverage. Quote: the fake news is working overtime. Just reported that despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy and all things else, 91 percent of the network news about me is negative quote, fake.” Why do we work so hard in, working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials,” question mark? Joining us now Media Research Center President Brent Bozell. Brent, the numbers get more astounding as we go on. Ninety one percent is just absolutely astonishing.

BRENT - BOZELL - Yeah - Charles - Anything

BRENT BOZELL: Yeah. Charles this has been going on since 2016. I think, I don't think I have ever seen anything like this. Not just that it is almost 100 percent negative coverage, but that it won't stop. This has been going on every single time we measured it, month by month, quarter by quarter. I think the best month he got was during his honeymoon when it went to 85 percent negative. I'm not kidding you there, I am not kidding...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: