Paulo Branco: Amazon Pullout From ‘Don Quixote’ Caused by Rights Dispute

Variety | 5/9/2018 | Patrick Frater
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-shot.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

French-based producer Paulo Branco says he believes Amazon has withdrawn from U.S. distribution of Terry Gilliam’s “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” because sales agent Kinology did not have the right to sell the movie.

At a news conference Wednesday afternoon in Cannes, Branco distributed a letter from Amazon’s lawyers, dated Feb. 14, saying that neither Kinology nor producer Tornasol Films owned the rights to “Don Quixote,” and that Amazon would be justified in canceling its deal.

Amazon - Rights - Film - Withdrawal - Wednesday

Amazon had previously picked up North American rights to the film. It announced its withdrawal earlier Wednesday. Amazon also has rights for the U.K. and Australia.

Branco said Cannes’ decision to program the film as the closing-night movie May 19 had “polluted” the legal process. He described the festival as self-interested and called general manager Thierry Fremaux...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!