David Letterman Praises Michelle Wolf, Shares ‘Late Show’ Regrets in Candid Conversation with Jerry Seinfeld

IndieWire | 5/8/2018 | Staff
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/shutterstock_9665237d.jpg

Between the two of them, David Letterman and Jerry Seinfeld have over a half century combined at the apex of the television industry. But on Monday night at Netflix’s Emmy-themed “FYSee” space in Hollywood, the two had a spirited conversation that ran the gamut of their respective careers, trading their thoughts on some more current issues along the way.

One of those subjects was Michelle Wolf’s recent set at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, which drew raves from the “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction” host.

Elements - Outrage - Just - Outrage - God

“You heard, from certain elements, outrage. Just outrage. ‘Oh my God, she’s set a grassfire and we’ll never put it out.’ The more I got to thinking about it, I thought, ‘Wow, that was great,’” Letterman said. “She had the guts to stand up there and didn’t apologize, when everybody is now apologizing for everything. So, whether you liked it or not, I really had great admiration for the fact that she was able to just walk in that room and decimate the place.”

As video cameras rolled on the For Your Consideration event, the evening went roughly similar to an episode of Letterman‘s new TV show. One main difference: Seinfeld is the only guest he’s had in this stage of his career who’s used to being the one in charge of the conversation. The evening went back and forth for much of the night, often with each comedian trying to get the other to admit how important they were to the landscape of American comedy.

Keep-away - Evening - Tender - Subject - Careers

As the two played keep-away for most of the evening when being pushed on the more tender subject of their careers, Seinfeld got Letterman to open up a little bit about the end of his “Late Show” tenure.

“When you’re in show business, it’s so self-consuming and so egomaniacal that you only look...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!