The Markle effect: The most searched for wedding hairstyle on Pinterest is Meghan's 'messy up do' - and it's easy to recreate at home

Mail Online | 3/10/2018 | Sophie Haslett For Daily Mail Australia
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/05/03/05/4BCB573500000578-0-image-a-47_1525323459094.jpg

Blame Meghan Markle. But wearing your hair loose but tied up has never been more fashionable.

Pinterest's 2018 trend report found that the most-searched hairstyle for weddings was the 'messy up do', with searches up a huge 1247 per cent year over year.

Meghan - Messy

It's not just Meghan who is in on the messy up do act, either.

Celebrities across the red carpet including Gwyneth Paltrow, Gigi Hadid, Nicole Kidman and more are adopting the look - which gives off just the right amount of insouciance and elegance.

Help - Celebrity - Hairdresser - Anthony - Nader

Here, with the help of celebrity hairdresser, Anthony Nader, FEMAIL takes a look at just why the messy up do is the hairstyle du jour.

Anthony also explains how you can recreate Meghan's favourite style at home.

Hairdresser - Reason - Style - Moment - Spotlight

According to the hairdresser, the reason why this style is enjoying such a moment in the spotlight right now is simple.

'It can go from gym to work, to cocktail drinks at night with minimal effort,' he said. 'In all of these places, it still looks naturally chic.'

Hairdresser - Hair - Style - Neck - Collars

The hairdresser explained that it's the perfect hair style to wear with high neck collars or scarves, as it doesn't interfere with your style for the day.

'Meghan Markle is really working the messy up do recently,' he said. 'And giving it a new Royal life, which I love.'

So if you want to get...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!