The first picture of the man behind the Nice terrorist attack, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, has been published.
The image, which was taken from French TV reports that said the picture had come from the French government and specifically his passport, shows the face of the man responsible for the cowardly attack that left at least 84 people dead and some 200 injured.
Documents - Papers - Truck - Lahouaiej - Bouhlel
The documents appear to be those that were (convenietly) found alongside other papers in the truck that Lahouaiej Bouhlel used to carry out the attack. The vehicle had been hired from a location outside of Nice, and it may have been picked up on Wednesday, reports said.
More details have emerged about Bouhlel, described by his neighbors as a handsome but frightening man, who according to Reuters was convicted only once before: for road rage.
History - Threats - Violence - Theft - Attention
While a history of threats, violence and theft had brought him to the attention of police, Bouhlel, a 31-year-old Nice resident born in Tunisia, was not French intelligence services' list of suspected militants. He was convicted for the first time in March this year, for road rage, French Justice Minister Jean-Jacques Urvoas said.
"There was an altercation between him and another driver and he hurled a wooden pallet at the man," Urvoas told reporters. As it was his first conviction, Bouhlel was given a six-month suspended sentence and had to contact police once a week, which he did, Urvoas added.
Children - Wife - Police - Custody - Friday
He had three children but lived separately from his wife who was taken into police custody on Friday, prosecutor Francois Molins said.
A former neighbor in Bouhlel's hometown of Msaken, about 120 km (75 miles) south...
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!