Interview: Bryan Cranston Tells Breitbart News ‘The Infiltrator’ Reinforces ‘Distrust of Government’

Breitbart | 7/15/2016 | Staff
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

As a Customs agent in Florida in the mid-1980s, Robert Mazur spearheaded an undercover money laundering operation that penetrated the closest circles of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, led to more than 80 arrests and brought down the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI), then the seventh-largest bank in the world.

In The Infiltrator, Bryan Cranston is Mazur, a family man who often struggled to balance his home life with his role in one of the most successful undercover operations in United States history. The Brad Furman-directed film — which also stars John Leguizamo, Diane Kruger, Benjamin Bratt and Amy Ryan — is out this month, thirty years after the conclusion of the operation in 1986.

Mazur - Job - Job - Shoes - Someone

“[Mazur’s] job was very similar to my job; you slip into the shoes of someone else,” Cranston said at a recent press junket for the film in Beverly Hills.

“The difference is, if I mess up, I get to do it again. If he messes up, he might never live to do it over again,” he added.

Breitbart - News - Cranston - Press - Junket

Breitbart News caught up with Cranston at the press junket to discuss his experience playing Bob Mazur, and how The Infiltrator can reinforce negative perceptions of the federal government and its seemingly endless maze of bureaucracy.

On playing the good guy, instead of playing the bad guy like his most famous character, Breaking Bad‘s Walter White:

Pressure - Walter - White - Shoulder - Moment

“I thought I would feel less pressure, because Walter White was constantly looking over his shoulder, thinking at any moment he was going to get caught. And so by being the policeman, I’m the one who’s pursuing. But Bob wasn’t the ‘policeman,’ he was one of the bad guys, right? Because he had to truly launder money at an entry-level position in order to gain trust, to get to a higher level and launder more money. He...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.