Ivanka Trump’s rabbi backs out of delivering RNC opening prayer

New York Post | 7/15/2016 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/trump2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

A prominent New York rabbi who converted Ivanka Trump to Judaism has backed out of delivering the opening prayer at the GOP convention after critics slammed him for appearing to endorse her father.

Haskel Lookstein — former head of the elite Ramaz School and the former rabbi of Kehilath Jeshurun, a tony Modern Orthodox synagogue on the Upper East Side — said he backed out because his planned invocation had become too “political.”

Name - List - Speakers - Convention - Context

“Unfortunately, when my name appeared on a list of speakers at the convention, without the context of the invocation I had been invited to present, the whole matter turned from rabbinic to political, something which was never intended,” he wrote in a letter posted Friday on the school’s Facebook page.

“Like my father before me, I have never been involved in politics. Politics divides people.”

Graduate - School - Jacob - Savage - Petition

A graduate of the prep school, Jacob Savage, started a petition on Change.org condemning both Lookstein and Trump.

“We,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.

Comments