Frm. NYPD Commish Ray Kelly: ‘No Question’ That Protest Groups Are Going to Cleveland ‘to Cause Trouble’

Breitbart | 7/15/2016 | Staff
tanikaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/07/RNC-Convention-Trump-Protester-Getty.jpg

Former NYPD commissioner Ray Kelly, whose experiences are chronicled in his book Vigilance: My Life Serving America and Protecting Its Empire City and a new six-part series on SiriusXM channel 124, talked about the security challenges of the upcoming Republican National Convention on Friday’s Breitbart News Daily.

SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon mentioned that Breitbart News would be sending a 35-person team to the convention, including five security personnel. “My colleague last night, he’s been on these al Qaeda sites, he says we’re going to the most dangerous place on Earth, this week is Cleveland, Ohio,” he said.

Place - Earth - Kelly - Optimism - Lot

“I don’t think it’s the most dangerous place on Earth,” Kelly replied, with cautious optimism. “I think they’ve done a lot. You know, the proof is in the pudding. Everybody has a plan, until you get punched in the face, as Mike Tyson said. When something happens, how well will the authorities respond?”

“You have to be flexible,” he advised. “You have to be ready to handle multiple events. There’s no question about it, that groups are going there to cause trouble.”

Republican - Convention - Demonstrators - New - York

“We had the 2004 Republican convention, we had 800,000 demonstrators in New York City, and some of them were clearly bent on causing mayhem,” Kelly said. “Those types of people, some of the same people, will be in Cleveland, starting on Sunday — there will be demonstrations on Sunday. We’re going to see just how well-prepared the authorities are.”

Kelly said one of his major concerns would be “the majority of police, policing this event in the outer perimeter, are from outside of Cleveland.”

Cleveland - Police - Officers - Convention - Officers

“There’s only about 500 Cleveland police officers dedicated to the convention, and there’s about 2,500 officers from other departments. That’s difficult to coordinate. It just is,” he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!

Comments