EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock had a sexless marriage and dressed in drag but he was obsessed with his leading ladies Grace Kelly, Janet Leigh and The Birds star Tippi Hedren, who once called him a 'fat pig' after he asked her to 'touch him'

Mail Online | 4/29/1980 | Caroline Howe For Dailymail.com
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/15/13/364924EC00000578-0-image-a-8_1468584335156.jpg

One of the great directors of the 20th century, Alfred Hitchcock, became a legendary and famous for frightening movies that struck terror in the audience and lingered in one's mind - Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, Strangers on A Train, Rear Window, Dial M for Murder, Rear Window... are just a few.

Behind the mask of the Master of Suspense, however, was a fat man who hated his own body and grew up as an isolated child in the Limehouse region of East London.

Boy - Alfie - Fred - Bedroom - Voyages

As a young boy, Alfie or Fred, as he was called, was afraid to leave his own bedroom where he plotted and planned great voyages and imaginary routes across Europe using railway timetables, maps, schedules and hours of departure and arrival, until he finally stepped on the local train.

'I was terrified of the police, of the Jesuit fathers, of physical punishment, of a lot of things. This is the root of my work. Now I'm getting my own back by terrifying other people,' Hitchcock is quoted.

Fears - Interest - Guilt - Punishment - Sex

Out of these fears came an obsessive interest in guilt, punishment and sex that played out in all of his movies.

Sexually repressed, he became obsessed with his leading ladies and attempted to take total control of every aspect of their lives at the studio and in the private lives of stars Grace Kelly, Vera Miles, Kim Novak, Janet Leigh and Tippi Hedren.

Obsession - Sex - Stories - Jokes - Ears

His schoolboy obsession with sex included telling nasty, vulgar stories and jokes - even whispering in their ears before shooting a major scene.

'The sexual fantasies of his adult life were lavish and peculiar, and from the evidence of his films, he enjoyed devising the rape and murder of women', writes the author, Peter Ackroyd in his upcoming biography, Alfred Hitchcock, which will be released on October 25.

'Hitch - Advice - Playwright

'Hitch' followed the advice of French playwright...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!

Comments