'I didn't shave my legs or make any effort': Jamelia on how being 'young, stupid and complacent' caused the breakdown of her 18-month marriage

Mail Online | 7/15/2016 | Poppy Danby For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/15/14/364F3FFE00000578-0-image-a-39_1468590465244.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/07/15/8222609145088918065/1024x576_8222609145088918065.mp4

She split from her footballer husband after just 18 months of marriage in 2009.

And Jamelia admitted that she blamed herself for the breakdown of her relationship, during a candid interview on Friday's Loose Women.

TV - Personality - Panellists - Andrea - McLean

The 35-year-old TV personality chatted to fellow panellists, Andrea McLean, Nadia Sawalha and Kaye Adams, as they discussed whether the first year of a marriage changes you as a person.

Speaking of her relationship with Darren Byfield, Jamelia commented: 'I didn't make any effort with my appearance.

Legs - Goal - Married

'I thought - I've got him now! I didn't shave my legs. For me, the goal was to get married.'

The singer also revealed that she blamed their ages and immaturity for the divorce.

'I - June - Christmas

She added: 'I was young and I was stupid - so was he. We got married in June and we'd broken up before the Christmas.

'We were completely complacent and gave up before we got the rings.'

Peter - Andre - Story - Marriage - Emily

However, guest Peter Andre had a very different story to tell as he announced that his marriage to Emily MacDonagh was still going strong.

He said: 'We've been together six years anyway. Things don't change.

Mum - Dad - Years - Things - Marriages

'My mum and dad have been married for 60 years. Things were different back then, they had arranged marriages.

'My mum and dad were chaperoned by her brother right up until the wedding - then i guess the first year would be different.'

Jamelia - Heartbreak - Split - Jean - Louis

Jamelia has also faced recent heartbreak after confirming her split from boyfriend Jean Louis Pascal, last month.

The singer - who has two daughters from previous relationships - went public with her man late last year, but revealed during Thursday's Loose Women that they have called time on their relationship.

Pop - Princess - News - Singer - Taylor

The former pop princess told the news as she discussed singer Taylor Swift's tryst with actor Tom Hiddleston.

Discussing pictures of Taylor and Tom kissing just weeks...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.

Comments