Teen Pokemon Go player gets bitten by venomous snake in Texas park after failing to spot the animal and stepping on it wearing flip-flops

Mail Online | 7/15/2016 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
MkgirlzMkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/15/14/364EE76000000578-0-image-a-6_1468590122107.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/07/06/618569946707411989/1024x576_618569946707411989.mp4

A teenage boy got bitten by a venomous snake on his way to a Texas Park - because he was so engrossed by the alternative reality of Pokemon Go.

Lane Smith, 18, was out playing the game with friends in Flower Mound Tuesday when they noticed a Pokemon hotspot at Parker Square.

Pokemon - Go - App - Pokemon - Craze

Pokemon Go, a free app that has revived the 1990s Pokemon craze, uses cellphone cameras and GPS tracking to make it look like Pokemon are out there to catch in the real world.

As Smith and his friends made their way towards the park, eager to catch them all, Smith didn't notice that a venomous snake was in his way, the Star-Telegram reported.

Group - Snake - Copperhead - Species - Accounts

The group believes the snake was a copperhead. The species accounts for the majority of snake bites each year in the United States. Adult members are 30-inch long on average.

Smith's friends saw the snake but didn't have time to warn Smith, the Star-Telegram wrote.

Teen - Something - Vision - Stick - Flip-flops

The teen saw something in his peripheral vision but thought it was probably a stick. He ended up stepping on it while wearing flip-flops.

The snake bit him on the right big toe, leaving the skin around the bite mark red and swollen. This is a sign that venom...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!


Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!