James Comey says he 'can't answer' whether the nation would be better off had Hillary Clinton won

Mail Online | 4/19/2018 | Nikki Schwab, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
bab_ohhbab_ohh (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/19/22/4B543C7900000578-0-image-a-26_1524173278538.jpg

While FBI Director James Comey has said President Trump is 'morally unfit' to be president, he wouldn't go as far as to say the country would be better off had Hillary Clinton won.

'I can't answer that,' Comey said Thursday afternoon during an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper. 'That's something – that hypothetical is too hard for me to go back in time, and try and answer.'

Tapper - Comey - Book - Higher - Loyalty

Tapper pointed out that Comey, both in his new book, 'A Higher Loyalty,' and in the interviews he's given since Sunday, has pointed a 'pretty dire picture' of Trump.

Pointing to Comey's criticism of Trump, The CNN newsman said he thought it was 'hard to imagine' how Comey wouldn't think the U.S. would be in better hands had Clinton, the Democratic nominee, won.

'I - Terms - Jake - President - View

'I don't think about it in those terms though, Jake, I think: We have a current president, who was in my view legitimately elected, he's serving as president,' Comey began. 'The question is, is he adhering to our values? He's clearly not. So what do we do about it?'

'So I think the first thing we do is not get numb to it,' the former FBI director advised. 'When he calls for the jailing of private citizens in his tweets, don't shrug, but realize that's not OK, that's not normal.'

Sunday - President - Trump - Comey - Jail

On Sunday, President Trump had tweeted that he believed Comey should be in jail for various misdeeds.

'The big questions in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." - Alexander Hamilton
Tagged: